The Skins did something confusing today: The made, what appears to be, a good trade by acquiring Adam Carriker from the Rams. And, amazingly, they managed to do so without losing any draft picks — they simply swapped fifth round picks with St. Louis. This means Washington now picks 32nd in the fifth round, while the Rams take over the fourth selection.
What else do we know about Carriker?
- He was selected 13th overall by St. Louis in the 2007 draft.
- He’s a big ass, corn-fed white boy from Nebraska, who is 6′ 6″, weighs about 300 pounds and can run a 4.7.
- He won Rams Rookie of the Year in 2007. Fairly certain that could not be a more meaningless honor.
- He missed all of 2009 with a shoulder injury.
- He switched from DE in college to nose tackle in the 3-4.
Really, it sounds like a pretty decent pick-up, considering the Skins didn’t give up much, aren’t paying much ($2.5 million over next two seasons), and got a talented player at a position of need.
UPDATE: The two sides also swapped seventh round picks, with the Skins moving up to 208 overall and Rams moving down to 211.