10. Redskins — It doesn’t get much worse than 3-13, though chances are it probably will!
9. UNCW basketball — Trust me, it’s bad.
8. JMU football – After 15 years of Mickey Matthews, it’s Everett Withers’ time now. (I realize you don’t know who these men are.)
7. Maryland basketball — Sitting at .500 in the ACC, but the season seems doomed by non-conference misery. Tough to watch, too.
6. Maryland football — Seven wins and a Military Bowl appearance qualifies as success for Randy Edsall.
5. JMU basketball — Still high off of the 2013 CAA Championship. Roll Dukes!
4. Capitals — If the season ended today, the Caps would not be in the playoffs. Two points back!
3. Orioles – They haven’t done a thing to improve, but they did win 85 games last year. Not bad!
2. Nationals — Last summer was a staggering disappointment. They won 86, though, and Doug Fister joins the rotation. Also, no more Davey.
1. Wizards – Washington has the sixth seed in the East and would face Toronto, which is nice, because Toronto isn’t Miami or Indiana. Plus, the Wall-Beal backcourt makes me happy.
Charles Barkley on John Wall & Bradley Beal: "They are going to be the best backcourt in basketball in 5 years." #wizards
— Michael Lee (@MrMichaelLee) January 31, 2014