Caps Correspondent Brad Parker returns after a wild and crazy night.
1. Chimmer got ejected in the 1st period for a questionable hit.
2. While killing off the five-minute major, starting goalie Tomas Vokoun re-aggravated his lower body injury and left the game.
3. Michal Neuvirth entered the game and Braden Holtby left the press box and went to the locker room just in case.
4. The Caps recorded two shots on goal in the first period and had a total of nine after two periods.
5. After somehow being up 2-0 with just over three minutes to go the Caps blow the lead and end up in a shootout.
6. Hendricks pulls out “The Paralyzer” and makes Tim Thomas fall go boom.
7. Alex Semin had a do-or-die shootout attempt. If he failed, the Caps would lose and the season might have been over. Luckily Sasha cared and scored on one of the sickest backhands ever!
8. With no Backstrom, and Ovi and Hendy and Sasha done, Huntsy turned to Brooks Laich who delivered the greatest backhander since Sasha about one minute before.
9. Completely furious about falling during Hendricks’ attempt and getting beaten by Semin and Laich, Thomas left the ice, skated full speed to the bench and then fell down on his was to the locker room.
10. When the adrenaline left our bodies and we finally closed our eyes to go to sleep, we shot up realizing that we have to spend a Friday night in March rooting for the Penguins with Brent Johnson in goal.