This must be what shock feels like. Things pieced together from the texts and tweets of the past three hours:
– It’s only the second time an FCS team has beaten a ranked FBS team. (Appalachian State over Michigan was the first.)
– Tech had outscored JMU 90-0 in their past two meetings.
– Tech was a 32.5-point favorite heading into this one.
– Tech paid JMU $425k to come to Blacksburg.
– JMU Sports Blog totally called it.
Wow. I’m gonna crack a cold one, and hope to see JMU on the cover of SI this week. The Dukes, on the cover of Sports Illustrated. As fellow JMU grad Steve Buckhantz would say, not possible.
Questions to ponder while I come to, if you like: What does this mean for JMU’s I-A hopes? Was this on par with the App. State upset? Was this the football equivalent of George Mason’s Final Four run? Do you give a shit if this ruins Boise State’s title chances? Really?
PS: Thanks to ESPN3 for webcasting the entire game. That was awesome.