Mr. I Maryland Sports Correspondent Andy Peden casts his weekly ballot in the so-called Atlantic 11 college hoops poll.
1. Georgetown (15-3,5-2) — The Hoyas have rebounded nicely from a two-game slide.
2. Virginia (14-2,1-1) — Had a real chance to beat Duke. Definitely look like the third-best team in the ACC.
3. George Mason (13-5,5-1) — The CAA is likely a one-bid league this year, and Mason has a good chance to be that team.
4. Maryland (12-5,2-2) — Terps continue to get better, but it hasn’t completely translated into wins.
5. VCU (13-5,4-2) — Have a chance to challenge Mason in the CAA.
6. Richmond (11-7,2-1) — Spiders got a big win against Temple but haven’t been able to find consistency this year.
7. Virginia Tech (11-3,0-3) — Terrible start to the ACC schedule. They have UNC and UVA coming up so this season might be over by next week.
8. Loyola (12-5,5-2) — I guess it’s them and Iona in the MAAC.
9. American (11-7,2-1) — Their record looks okay.
10-11. — Unfortunately, there aren’t enough good teams in the DMV this year.