Mr. I Maryland Sports Correspondent Andy Peden casts his weekly ballot in the so-called Atlantic 11 college hoops poll.
1. Georgetown (13-2, 3-1) — Appear to be the best DMV team, but the Hoos are closing.
2. Virginia (14-1, 1-0) — We’ll get a real good feel for them this week with a game at Duke.
3. George Mason (12-4, 4-0) — They are starting to roll with five straight.
4. Virginia Tech (11-4, 0-1) — Dropped because they lost to Wake who lost to Wofford at home five days prior.
5. Maryland (10-4, 0-1) — This is a totally different team with Howard and Len, but they still lost to NC State.
6. VCU (11-5, 2-2) — They were rolling but stumbled this past week. Expect them to challenge Mason this year in the CAA.
7. Richmond (10-7, 1-1) — Just good enough to not get lumped in the bottom mess.
8-11. — If I had to pick the next best team I’d probably go with American. It’s either them or Loyola. No one else appears to be any good.