1. They’ve won five straight at home!
2. The last four home wins all came by double-digits.
3. They’ve won seven of their last 10 overall!
4. Six of those seven wins came after John Wall’s return.
5. Wall is playing at a high level, especially compared to his first two years. Just look at his per 36 stats, where he’s averaging 20 points and 10 assists, way up over career averages of 16 and 8.
6. Team stats also show Wall’s impact. From Bullets Forever:
Washington has scored 102.6 points per 100 possessions and posted a 54 percent true shooting percentage in the nine games since Wall returned. For the team’s previous 33 games? They scored 93.1 points per 100 possessions and posted a team-wide true shooting percentage of only 48.4 percent.
7. Michael Lee’s Bulls game story describes the Wiz as “perplexing and cute” and includes this quote:
“I remember in the beginning, everybody say we” stink, Nene said. “Now we start to prove a point. Now we start playing our game, have back all of our players. Now it’s our team. Now we’re going to shut up people’s mouth. That’s what we’re going to do.”
8. Brad Beal is looking good, and I’m not talking that oversized jacket (above).