John Wall, Nene and Kevin Seraphin are supposed to return sometime soon, and it was just one game, but here are eight reasons the 2012-13 Wizards are already such a sad, sad group:
1. The starting lineup: A.J. Price, Bradley Beal, Trevor Ariza, Trevor Booker and Emeka Okafor. Woof.
2. The bench lineup: Jannero Pargo, Jordan Crawford, Martell Webster, Chris Singleton and Jan Vesely. Oof.
3. Crawford led all Wizards scorers with 11 points (on 13 shots).
4. Crawford and Price were a combined 2-15 from three (neither has a career percentage above 30.7). Suggested 2012-13 Wiz motto: Jackin’ it!
6. Anderson Varejoa pulled down a career-high 23 boards, and the Wizards were outrebounded by 15.
7. The lone bright spot was 11th man Earl Barron, whom I’ve never heard of.
8. They lost by 10 to Cleveland, which was the third-worst NBA team last year.