Stephen Strasburg just completed his hyped-up pro debut, which consisted of two scoreless innings in a Spring Training game against Detroit. My notes:
1. He works fast. So fast that MASN almost missed his first pitch.
2. He threw mostly fastballs, hitting 98 on the gun. He also missed the mitt with most of them.
3. The few breaking pitches he threw were filthy, including a knee-buckler to Miguel Cabrera and another for a called third strike to end his day.
4. Despite striking out two and giving up two weak basehits, it only took him 20-some pitches to get through two innings.
5. Recycling what I tweeted: “The downside of watching Stephen Strasburg pitch? Hearing Bob Carpenter and Rob Dibble talk.” And adding what Chris tweeted: “Oh, and Debbie Taylor. Can’t forget about her awfulness.”
Update: Steinz has more notes and a video of the backwards K.