This is a new, revolutionary feature known as Basically Top Five. It’s totally different from and more refreshing than other links dumps such as The Roundup and Saint Andrew’s Net, and the name honors our friend Brian the Bull, who says “basically” and “top five” a lot. The former means he’s lying, and the latter means he’s embellishing.
- The ’86 Dodgers have raised the bar. This music video, along with last week’s ’86 Rams video, suggests mid-’80s LA may have had a cocaine problem.
- The Big Ten apologizes for sending OSU and Illinois to the BCS. Not so graciously, the SEC accepts.
- ESPN/ABC’s version of Les Miles’ presser was different. I’m shocked, shocked to find that editing is going on in here!
- There’s never mercy for bad coaching. KSK has fun with what may be the defining moment of Gibbs 2.0.
- Rock “Raines is a clear-cut HOFer.” Any man who can steal second with a vile in his back pocket would get my vote.
Bonus links: ESPN’s reason for being anti-playoff … Hockey bloggers attack … Buy Romo’s high school jersey … Bill Walker pees into towels … Highlights from the Simmons-Walton podcast … Casting the Bonds movie … The latest from Ray Hudson … ’86 Phillies commercials … Rod Benson is on fire