In an announcement that’s sure to make the crowd go mild, I’m leaving AOL and, more importantly, FanHouse to be the “Senior Editor of Blogs & Community” at Yahoo! Sports. If you’re not familiar with what a Senior Editor of Blogs & Community is, well, don’t beat yourself up over it. I’m probably the first one ever, so rest assured that it’s a pretty big deal.
But don’t just take my word for it. Listen to all these internet-types:
- Yahoo Names Mottram to Senior Editor Post [Sports Business Daily]
- Yahoo Grabs First Sports Blogger [The Big Lead]
- Media News: Jamie Mottram to Yahoo! [With Leather]
- Jamie Mottram Leaves FanHouse for Yahoo [FanHouse]
- Yahoo Hires Mottram Away From AOL [Sports by Brooks]
- Mottram Bolts AOL for Yahoo! [Off Wing Opinion]
- Farewell and Congrats, Mr. Mottram [We Are the Postmen]
- Jamie Mottram Is Going to Yahoo [Foul Balls]
- Yahoo! Hires My Boss Away From FanHouse [John Ness]
- Blog Dorks Movin [Deadspin]
- Yahoo! Sports Grabs Jamie Mottram [Fan IQ]
- Mottram’s Ascent Up the Career Ladder [Can’t Stop the Bleeding]
- Mr. Irrelevant Moves On [Rumors and Rants]
- Mottram Joins Yahoo! [James Mirtle]
- Mottram Joins Yahoo! Sports [Dan Shanoff (scroll down)]
- Top Sportsblogger zu Yahoo [American Arena]
That’s a lot of Mottram, and a lot of folks failing to include a certain exclamation point, namely that
Russian German blog at the end there. Anyway, what’s a press release without a money quote? So let’s do this blog style, via blockquote:
We poured body & soul into FanHouse, and I love what’s come of it. I’m forever proud of the work done by the talented bloggers under that roof, and my belief is that they’ll continue skyward under the guidance of John Ness, who rocks the party.
As for Yahoo! Sports, it’s the perfect shop to set up a world-class sports blogging and community experience for a massive audience. I’m flattered that they want me to quarterback such an operation, and it’s go time.
Whew, that was a mouthful. Sorry, I don’t have much experience with this. If I’m missing anything, let’s carry on in the comments.